***NEWSFLASH: As well as transport, LINK now offers the following services to our seniors: Assisted Shopping, Organised Social Outings and Domestic Assistance. For more info including how to book, please scroll down the page.
Safe and affordable transport
- Do you or someone you care about require assistance with transport?
- Is using public transport challenging?
- Do you require transport to health appointments, the supermarket, your cultural club or simply to visit a friend?
- Are you limited to relying on availability of friends and family to take you out and about?
If you are aged 65+ or are an Indigenous Australian aged 50+ and are experiencing transport difficulties, contact LINK to see how we can assist with your transport needs.
If you’d like to remain independent and enjoy interacting with your community and living a fulfilled life, LINK can help you get out and about for a fraction of the cost you would pay for a TAXI.
Most people are eligible for a subsidy so the cost of our personalised door to door service can be as little as $5.
LINK now provides an assisted shopping program where customers can do their own shopping and have the freedom to choose products they like. Unlike other providers, we do not have a limit of the amount of grocery bags purchased. We assist the customer every step of the way, including door to door transport, help while shopping, at the checkout and loading/offloading the groceries.
Currently the program is available on a fortnightly basis and only costs $10.
For more information, please click here to download a flyer >>
Seniors Social Outings Program
LINK’s social outings program is a wonderful way to get out and about, meet new friends and enjoy different outings at an affordable price. It has been wildly popular since it began and we continue to offer outings for every taste including:
- Shopping at large centres and small antique shops
- Shows and performances for the art lovers
- Historical estates for those wanting to take a step back in time
- Cafes and restaurants for the foodies
- Parks and reserves for the nature lovers.
For more information on our outings, visit the Events page, or if you’d like to read about one of our adventures check out one of our blogs in the News section.
Domestic Assistance Program [ON HOLD due to COVID-19]
LINK now offer home help for the elderly in the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne. The service is delivered in partnership with a professional cleaning company known for their expertise and friendly service. It includes household tasks such as cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, window washing and laundry and helps people stay at home and remain independent. Prices start from $8.50 per hour and bookings are in 2-hour blocks.