- Work close to home
- Help those that are transport disadvantaged get out into the community
- Work for a local Not For Profit where your efforts really make a difference and enrich lives
LINK Community Transport is a not for profit organisation providing transport to the aged, frail, disabled and their carers including children. LINK provides Community Transport services in the Northern and Western Metropolitan Melbourne region and seeks to expands its services. To do this, we are seeking an Operations Officer to join our team.
Your main duties include;
- Arrange trip requests into driver shifts and schedule the run to include breaks and other requirements
- Liaising with drivers and travel assistants as the first point of contact for day to day queries
- Manage and complete driver rosters and availability
- Assist with investigating and resolving minor operational issues
- Cover any shifts by driving on some occasions
- Carry out data entry and finalisation of data
- Take inbound calls for enquiries and trip requests
- Make outbound calls to confirm trip pick up and drop off times
- Complete client intake and assessment processes
Vehicle and equipment
- Carry out various vehicle monitoring processes
- Schedule vehicle servicing, cleaning and repairs
- Arrange for the hiring of vehicles from 3rd parties when required
In order to succeed in this role we are looking for individuals who have a compassionate nature and genuine empathy for people. You need to have sound customer service skills, high attention to detail and well developed planning and organisation skills. You are well versed with Microsoft suite of programs and have intermediate to advanced computer skills. You will have sound written and verbal communication skills and be a natural team player. Able to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment whilst meeting deadlines. Able to work between the hours of 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday but you will only be required for an 8 hour day. At times there will be rostered on call duties on weekends. Experience in Aged care or Disability services is highly desirable but not essential.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your resume and covering letter outlining why you feel you are suited to this role. To view a full position description, please click on the link below.
Please note that the successful applicant will need to complete a working with children check and criminal history check.