Social Coordinator/Event Manager
LINK Community Transport is a not for profit organisation, providing affordable transport solutions for people 65 and over and people with a disability and their carers in Melbourne, Victoria. LINK has helped thousands of Melbournians who do not have other means of transport by providing a safe and reliable door to door service.
LINK enables people experiencing transport disadvantage to live more autonomously and remain independent by providing transport to health, social and recreational activities for a fraction of the cost for a taxi.
- Liaise with various departments to co-ordinate outings including logistics, client services, fundraising co-ordinator and operations.
- Plan targeted outings according to regions/LGA
- Liaise with venues and councils to source suitable functions/outings
- Negotiate costings around meals, venues, shows etc.
- Communicate and organise mailouts to promote the outings
- Establish a yearly calendar of potential outings within various regions
- Manage the collection of funds
- Co-ordinate and manage parking, food options, snacks required, bathroom stops
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Certificate or Diploma in Aged Care, Childcare or Disability would be highly desirable but is not essential.
12 month’s experience within Aged Care, Childcare or Disability Services or a similar role within Events Co-ordination or Function Organisation.
- Warm, friendly demeanor; and versatile people skills
- Outgoing and approachable manner
- Sound planning, organising and networking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A clear and professional telephone manner
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Sound attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Successful execution of events within the timeframes set out
- Deal with clients professionally at all times