Make a Difference with Your Marketing Magic
- Are you an ambitious marketing student trying to get industry experience prior to completing your qualifications so you can hit the ground running when you finish?
- Or perhaps you are looking for a career change and need experience to enter the non-for-profit sector?
- Or you are a seasoned marketing expert looking to implement your vast knowledge whilst making a difference?
Link Community Transport Inc (LINK) is a non-for-profit, charitable organisation, providing transport solutions for people and communities across Victoria since 1979.
LINK makes well over 600 trips per week transporting people experiencing transport disadvantage, offering a safe and reliable door to door service. We create the difference between an elderly or disabled person feeling isolated in their home or living a vibrant social life within their community.
LINK is currently looking for a marketing savvy all-rounder volunteer to drive our strategy forward and get the word out there so we can service even more people experiencing transport disadvantage.
You will be working closely with the Marketing and Communications department and be involved in a wide range of tasks and get a great exposure in the non-for-profit marketing field including:
- Industry Research
- Competitive analysis
- Digital marketing, including web, social media and SEO
- Help with creation and distribution of marketing collateral
- Marketing analysis
- Customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Volunteer acquisition and retention strategies
- Market Segmentation
- Promotional strategies
The successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- High standard production of collateral and communications to diverse target groups utilizing online and offline mediums
- Data gathering and analysis
- High level computer skills utilizing contemporary Microsoft software in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Sound knowledge of web platforms, knowledge of WordPress is highly desirable.
- High standard production of online content for website, social media, email etc
- Understanding and use of analytical tools to assess effectiveness of web and social media initiatives
- Strong Project Management and multi-tasking Skills
- A working knowledge of the Adobe suite is not essential but would be highly desirable.
- Creative thinker and analytical problem solver
- High level initiative and resourcefulness; able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Decisive time management, prioritization and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound interpersonal skills
The role can be adapted to suit the level of skill and commitment for the right candidate. We require a minimum of 8 hours per week, and it can be a combination of on site and remote work, with the onsite work taking place from our head office in Thomastown. This volunteering position is of a flexible duration, however we need an initial commitment of at least 12 weeks starting mid-July.
If this sounds like you and you are a person that loves to contribute back to society, we would love to hear from you.
In return you will gain valuable experience, be part of a friendly team and feel great knowing that you are contributing to an amazing cause.
Please note all volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check and have a Working with Children Check upon appointment to the position.
To apply please send your expression of interest and a brief outline of why you think you are suitable for the role addressing the selection criteria above to email@example.com or contact Maria on 0402 699 206.
For more information about LINK please visit our website www.linkcommunitytransport.org.au