LINK Community Transport is a not for profit organisation, providing affordable transport solutions for people 65 and over and people with a disability and their carers in Melbourne, Victoria. LINK has helped thousands of Melbournians who do not have other means of transport by providing a safe and reliable door to door service.
LINK enables people experiencing transport disadvantage to live more autonomously and remain independent by providing transport to health, social and recreational activities for a fraction of the cost for a taxi.
- Co-ordinate and supervise a small group of up to 4 people
- Hosting an outing for up to 8 hours
- Assisting clients in and out of the vehicles
- Co-ordinating seating at venues, ordering of meals and beverages and bathroom breaks
- Socialising and engaging with the group
- Overseeing the daily running of the outing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Certificate or Diploma in Aged Care, Childcare or Disability would be highly desirable but is not essential.
12 month’s experience within Aged Care, Childcare or Disability Services or a similar role hosting groups on outings.
- Supervision of the Aged, Frail, Children or Disabled.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Versatile people skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Sound attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Complete hosting the event within the timeframes set out
- Deal with clients professionally at all times